International Application Process
Nazareth College welcomes students from other countries. International undergraduate students may submit their applications all through the year, but the deadline is February 15 for fall admission and September 1 for spring admission of the same year.
The Application Process:
We strongly suggest that all information be submitted in one package in order to expedite the processing and review of your application.
Complete application for admission.
Apply online or download application forms at www.commonapp.org. Please make sure that all necessary information is completed, including all required signatures.
Submit Common Application Supplement.
Download the Nazareth College Application Supplement (note: The supplement is in PDF format. You will need the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader; the reader is free and can be downloaded from the Adobe website.)
Submit the application fee ($45.00 and non-refundable).
Not required for Common Application users who submit their application electronically.
Send us your official transcript(s).
Attested/official transcript(s), examination results or certificate(s) from ALL institutions are required for admission.* Transcripts must be translated to English. Please include the original as well.
* If necessary, a review of your transcript by a reputable evaluation service will be requested (such as World Education Service or Educational Credential Evaluations) at the expense of the student. Transcript(s) for transfer students must be evaluated by the above mentioned agencies.
Submit original English Proficiency Exam scores.
Minimum scores required:
- TOEFL: 550 (paper), 213 (computer), 79 (internet-based)
- IELTS: 6.5
TOEFL/IELTS requirements are waived if applicants meet the any of the following criteria:
- Student is from a country where English is the native language.
- Student is from a U.S. territory and attended a school with English as the primary language of instruction.
- Student obtained a score of 500 or better on the Critical Reading section of the SAT.
Nazareth College Institution Code for TOEFL: 2511.
Provide letter of recommendation.
One to three letters, submitted from a counselor or teacher.
Submit student writing sample.
Included with your Common Application. May not exceed two pages in length and may also be a graded academic paper.
Submit Declaration of Finances and bank statements.
- Needed to issue an I-20 (required to obtain student visa).
- The form indicates the amount available to cover your expenses.
- Available amounts of support should be at least $38,366 USD per year.
- Download the Declaration of Finances form.
Important International Admissions Dates
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|Application deadline||Same as Freshman||September 1|
|WES Evaluation||April 1||September 1|
|TOEFL or EILTS Exam||February 1||September 1|